Tips for Caring for Whitened Teeth
Posted by DR. GURI S. DHALIWAL on Sep 8 2015, 09:50 PM
Teeth whitening can refresh your smile and put the gleam back in your mouth. After having this treatment done by a cosmetic dentist, you might wonder how you can maintain the brightness for as long as possible. I like to give my patients complete instructions for caring for their teeth to keep them clean and beautiful.
- Cut back on the amount of food and drinks you consume that can stain your teeth. Coffee, tea, and red wine are principle stain offenders, so avoid these beverages if possible. Blueberries and other berries can also stain. If you do eat these foods or drink these beverages, avoid direct contact with your teeth. Use a straw for beverages to move the liquid past your teeth, if possible.
- Stop smoking to avoid discoloration and staining.
- Brush your teeth at the end of the day to maintain teeth whitening. Try to brush at least one other time during the day using a fluoride toothpaste. If possible, brush after every meal.
- Rinse your mouth with water immediately after eating or drinking if you cannot brush right away. Consider rinsing with mouthwash when you cannot brush.
- Eliminate sugary foods and drinks from your diet, if possible.
- See your dental team regularly at the recommended schedule.
With the Kor Whitening system we offer in our office, results can last a lifetime. With basic care and effort, you should be able to minimize stains and maximize results. Please call us today for a complimentary consultation.