Dental technology has improved to a level to which the restoration of a healthy smile is accessible in the hands of an expert dentist. Teeth are susceptible to wear and tear over time. Dental crowns and bridges are standard tooth restoration options that offer diverse advantages.
A dental bridge is a set of permanent artificial teeth that can cover the gap in the mouth caused by missing teeth. There could be several reasons when someone might require a dental bridge. An accident, decay, aging, etc., could be the reason for tooth loss; a dental bridge can replace the missing teeth, bridging the gap.
A dental crown is an artificial tooth secured on top of a damaged tooth or dental implant. A dental crown helps the tooth restore its bite, look natural, and help patients regain their chewing abilities and smiles. Crowns are helpful to cover teeth that are worn, cracked, or have a cavity too big to fill. They are most often made from tooth-colored material like porcelain or ceramic and are designed to cover a damaged tooth and become its new outer layer.
What Are The Benefits of Crowns?
- Strengthen a tooth: An impaired and weakened tooth is prone to more damage. Therefore, a dental crown is the best way to improve the durability and longevity of a weakened tooth. A dental crown can also strengthen a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment.
- Boost your appearance:A crown can also provide cosmetic benefits besides strengthening a tooth. A crown can conceal a misshapen, malformed, or severely discolored tooth and improve its color, shape, and size.
- A long-term restoration: Crowns are made from strong and highest-quality materials, which means that they could last longer if you properly care for your restoration and maintain your oral health well.
What Are The Benefits of Bridges?
- Prevent the movement of teeth:One of the difficulties associated with not replacing a lost tooth is that the adjacent teeth shift into the empty spaces in your mouth. Only orthodontic treatment can help rectify the crooked teeth and other dental misalignments caused by this. Therefore it's crucial to have a bridge or false tooth placed as soon as possible after losing a permanent tooth to prevent this tooth's movement.
- Improved chewing and biting: You may notice that your bite may be affected when you lose one or more teeth. This also means that some teeth will have to handle more chewing forces and jaw pressure. Over time, this can cause fractures, cracks, and chips to these teeth. By bridging the gap, a dental bridge can help evenly distribute chewing forces to prevent damage.
- Enhanced appearance: It’s a fact that having gaps in your teeth can affect the aesthetics of your smile. Fortunately, a dental bridge can be fixed in as little as two dental visits, which means that you can have a full, beautiful smile again quickly.
Why do you hesitate to improve your oral health by restoring missing teeth from the expert dentist? Call Guri S. Dhaliwal D.M.D, Cosmetic, Family, and Implant Dentistry at (925) 244-9770 or schedule an online appointment to know more about Crowns & Bridges. Consult the best General Dentistry, San Ramon, CA 94583.