Most people have been straightening their teeth with orthodontics for reasons more than just aesthetics. While traditional braces are still being extensively used, new technology has allowed orthodontics to invent superior ways to fix crooked teeth.
Invisalign is the latest technique to straighten teeth. With the help of new scanning technology, dentists can non-invasively scan your teeth and manufacture a set of aligners that will slowly shift your teeth to the ideal position. Made with a medical-grade polyurethane resin, the aligners are practically invisible, their edge resting precisely on the ridgeline of your teeth. All the sets of aligners are customized, made precisely for your teeth, to move them into the desired place slowly.
For maximum effect, the Invisalign aligners must be worn for twenty-two hours a day and should be removed only while eating or brushing your teeth. Each set of aligners should be worn continuously for a duration of two weeks before proceeding to the next set in the sequence. You will start to notice the improvements in your teeth within the first three months, and the complete treatment will take about 9-12 months.
Invisalign, done by the best Cosmetic Dentist at San Ramon, CA, 94583, offers the following benefits:
- Invisible Appearance:The Invisalign trays are invisible and are completely clear. This is a primarily great alternative for teens and young adults who have an aversion to brackets and wires associated with traditional braces. This also allows the wearer to walk around without being worried about the aesthetics of their teeth.
- Comfort:Since the Invisalign trays are made of smooth plastic, they are much more comfortable. There are no sharp pieces like traditional metal braces, and the trays are custom-made to fit your teeth and mouth.
- Improved Oral Hygiene:The Invisalign trays are removable so that you can remove the trays, clean your teeth, then wear them back in. The trays can also be cleaned to make sure there is no build-up of bacteria and other infections. It is also equally important to have healthy teeth and gums while straightening your teeth to have the best smile at the end of treatment.
- Saves Time:With Invisalign, you will have to spend less time at the orthodontist as the aligners need to be changed once every six weeks on average.
- Safe and Removable:Invisalign allows for a more comfortable experience without the scrapes other orthodontic options can cause. Invisalign trays are also removable, making brushing your teeth, eating, and everyday life more convenient than other options.
- No-Diet Restrictions: One of the worst parts about teeth straightening is the food restrictions. Some of your favorite foods are off-limits, which can ruin a special celebration. There are no food restrictions to be followed while wearing Invisalign, as you can remove the trays and eat whatever you want.
Call San Ramon Smiles at (925) 244-9770 or schedule an online appointment to know more about Invisalign and consult the best Cosmetic Dentist, San Ramon, CA 94583.